Selection Process and Calendar
Fellowship candidates undergo a rigorous application and screening process.
In addition to holding a post-graduate degree, fellows must have demonstrated excellence in academics, proven leadership ability, involvement in extracurricular activities and a commitment to public service.
- August 1 - October 21, 2016 – Application Period
Candidates may apply online at employment.pa.gov. Please refer to these instructions for assistance. All applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on October 21, 2016.
- November 2 - November 8, 2016 – Phone Interviews
Following an initial screening of applications, selected candidates will be contacted for phone interviews.
- November 9, 2016 - Finalist Selections
Candidates will be notified if they have advanced to the final interview round.
- November 29, 2016 - Finalist Event
Finalists will gather at the Governor’s Residence in Harrisburg to network with executive staff as well as meet other finalists. Covered travel expenses include one night stay lodging and a travel stipend.
- November 30, 2016 – Interview Panel
Finalists will appear before an interview panel of cabinet secretaries and members of the Government Operations Advisory Board.
- December 2016- Final Selection
Selected candidates will be notified of acceptance into the William Penn Fellowship.
- July 31, 2017 – Fellowship Begins